Ultimarc SpinTrak Rotary Control
Precision Rotary Control with the most strikingly attractive Spinner Tops available anywhere!
Now the worlds first USB 2.0 Spinner!
- Two modes of operation:
- Can be used as a lightweight Super High Resolution Low-Inertia Trackwheel control as used in "Arkanoid"
- Can also be used as a spinner with the addition of one of two sizes of fly-weight to provide inertia giving long spin-times of up to 20 seconds.
- Correctly-designed flywheels with mass concentrated at the larger radius.
- Ultra-high resolution. Unbeatable 1200 pulses per revolution..
- Super-tough quality. Unit is manufactured by a supplier of encoders for high-speed motor usage and is almost identical to their industrial unit.
- Dual sealed ball-bearing races give the ultimate in smooth control.
- One-Piece bearing housing/body CNC machined from a solid alloy billet
- Available in two versions, for direct connection to USB, or for connection to our I-PAC 2, Ultimate I/O, Opti-PAC or Mini-PAC interfaces.
- In USB mode, this is the worlds only USB 2.0 spinner. USB 2.0 enables a 16-bit interface and a faster packet-rate than USB 1.1 Vital to avoid slowdown or backspin.
- Usage not limited to gaming! Also suitable for precision control applications, CNC interfacing and other rotary measurement applications.
Connection to Mini-PAC
The Mini-PAC wiring harness is supplied with an adaptor header. The connection from the harness to the SpinTrak should look like this:
Connection to Opti-PAC
For Opti-PAC connection, the 4-pin connector fitted to the device must be cut off and the wires stripped back. They are connected as follows:
Connecting Mouse Buttons
Mouse buttons are connected to 3 pins on the header as shown in the picture below.
The COM connection of both switches should be connected to COM and the normally-open connection of each switch to the LEFT or RIGHT pin.